Tableau CRM Salesforce Output connectors allow us to write the outcome of a recipe to any Salesforce org.
Steps to achieve.
- Configure an output connector to the Salesforce org using the Service URL, username (we can utilize Integration user) and password/security token.
- Create a recipe with input node with Install base dataset and Output node (Salesforce Output connection)
- Configure the node with UPSERT operation to be performed in salesforce (External Key can be record Id)
- Mention the salesforce object to store the Install Base Dataset columns/Fields. We can create new object to Map the dataset fields in case we do not want to update the existing sf object.
- This will be one time activity. We will then schedule the job to run on monthly basis and automatically update/insert the records in salesforce.
- Business will then be able to create a salesforce report on this custom object. And can export the report as CSV file.
Tableau CRM Salesforce Output connectors Limitations as of now and can change in future releases from salesforce.
- Each output connection can be used one time per recipe.
- Output connections are only available for recipes built with Data Prep.
- Up to 100 MB of data is written externally per run of a recipe per output connector. Up to 100 MB of data can be written per 24-hour period.
- This connector supports INSERT, UPDATE, and UPSERT to the Salesforce Account, Cases, Contacts, Opportunity, and custom objects.
- This connector does not support objects that are the parent or child in a parent-child relationship. If there are two custom objects with a dependency, manually insert the header record, get the header ID, then insert the detail record with those details
Tableau CRM Salesforce Output connectors Usage Governance
- Monitor the use of Output connections as once enabled in prod it will be available for all users having admin license. If misused or used for test purpose it can corrupt the org live data.
2 Add Output connection
Username can be an integration user and Password will be a combination of password and security token.
Add output node to Recipe.
Verify records success or failure in Data manager inside Tableau CRM.
Verify records success or failure by creating a salesforce report.
- ——->>Tableau CRM Salesforce Output connectors<<-------- - July 20, 2021